Thursday, September 19, 2019 - Saturday, September 21, 2019
Registration opens in August for Gateway’s fourth annual Feed My Starving Children MobilePack September 19-21, 2019!
September might seem far away, but we need to act NOW!
Our goal for 2019 is to feed at least 1,250 children. You can help by:
- Thinking about who you want to invite to Gateway for the MobilePack. Imagine: you can volunteer for just two hours and literally help save a life from hunger – and you don’t need to travel far to do it!
- Sharing a flyer with your sphere of influence. For example, invite your neighbors, hairdresser, dentist, sports team, etc.
- Asking for donations on Gateway’s MobilePack page. https://give.fmsc.org/Gateway
- You can also set up a personalized donation page for your team (family, business, team). Click on “Become a Fundraiser” to get started. Detailed Instructions.
- Connecting our FMSC team to your employer. Does your employer support charitable causes or give paid time off for volunteering? We’d love to provide information and/or talk to them about sponsoring a packing station or shift.
- Using eScrip – “FMSC Gateway- MobilePack”, eScrip Group ID# 500826581. You can donate automatically to our MobilePack when shopping at Schnucks or dining at local restaurants. https://www.escrip.com/
If you’re not sure where to start, reach out to Jenni Biggs at . No volunteer has to pay to pack, but the more funds we obtain, the more children we will feed, and the more volunteer positions we can offer. Each year’s meal goal is based on the funds committed through July, so it’s really not too early to start planning!
By getting involved, you can be a part of Gateway’s growing history with FMSC:
Still need convincing? This is why we’re involved:
- 6,200 children die from hunger-related causes every day (>2 million per year), but we can make a difference!
- FMSC’s mission is “Feeding God’s children – hungry in body and spirit” – in FY2017-18, FMSC produced more than 333 million meals with the help of 1.2 million volunteers, and 99.8 percent
reached their intended destination.
- FMSC has received Charity Navigator’s highest 4-star rating for 14 consecutive years – 91 percent of all FMSC funds go directly toward feeding children in need, and 100 percent of donations to the Gateway MobilePack go toward purchasing meal ingredients.
- Each FMSC meal costs $0.22, and $80 will pay for 365 meals to feed a starving child for a year.
- This is a service opportunity where families can work together. There are standing and seated jobs, and anyone age 5+ can help.
- MobilePacks are a lot of fun! Enjoy these highlights from our prior events: 2016, 2017, 2018
- Gateway missionaries Laura and Ybene Dalla are based in Haiti, where FMSC meals directly impact the mission work they’re doing. The Dallas spoke at last year’s MobilePack event, outlining how FMSC helps feed starving children in their village – check out their message here!
If you have any questions, email Can’t wait to serve with you! -Jenni Biggs