It's time to register for Gateway’s third annual MobilePack from September 13-15, 2018!
Who do you want to invite to Gateway? How else could you volunteer for just two hours without leaving St. Louis County and literally help save a life?!
Packing shifts will be as follows:
- Sept 13: 5:00-7:00pm, 7:30-9:30pm
- Sept 14: 2:30-4:30pm, 5:30-7:30pm, 8:00-10:00pm
- Sept 15: 9:00-11:00am**, 12:00-2:00pm, 2:30-4:30pm
- ** Child care to age 4
Beginning August 5, you can sign up to help online “HERE”
Registration for the two-hour packing shifts will be available for Gateway from Aug. 5-19, and open to the public beginning Aug. 20. Alternatively, you can open, print, fill out this form and take it to the table in the Crossection on August 5, 12 or 19.
If you have questions, check out our FAQs . They contain details like what to wear, adult:child ratios, allergy info, and what to do if you get sick.
If you want to pack with your friends, one person can register for a group, or each person can register individually and provide the group name. Meal packing stations hold 15-20 people. Anyone age 5+ can help.
Other jobs include warehouse/runners and labelers. The warehouse/runners make boxes, fill bins of ingredients or carry ingredients/full boxes (you should be comfortable lifting 30-40 pounds). Labelers have a seated job, sticking labels to the food bags.
We also need help with set-up, clean-up and childcare.
If you need childcare (up to age 4), it will be available during the Saturday, Sept 15, 9-11 am shift. Please sign up for childcare by August 31 at .
Our goal for 2018 is to package 365,000 meals to feed 1,000 children. All of the meals are paid for with donations and hand-packed by volunteers. FMSC donates the meals to charities in up to 70 countries and 99.8% of the meals have reached their intended destinations, where kids are fed and lives are saved! Each meal costs only $0.22 and $80 will feed a child for a year.
Your tithes/offerings to Gateway allow us to feed 435 children and host the event. If you are willing to ask for external donations, we can feed even more kids! You can share Gateway's online MobilePack page (GIVE NOW) or set up your own personal donation page for an individual or team (INSTRUCTIONS HERE).
By getting involved, you can be a part of Gateway’s growing history with FMSC:
In 2016, with the help of 455 volunteers, we packed 124,416 meals – enough to feed 341 children for an entire year! Check out video highlights here:
In 2017, we made an even bigger impact with the help of over 1,000 volunteers packing 272,160 meals – enough to feed 745 children for an entire year! See last year’s highlights here:
Still need convincing? This is why we’re involved:
- Gateway missionaries Laura and Ybene Dalla are based in Haiti, where FMSC meals directly impact the mission work they’re doing. The Dallas spoke at last year’s MobilePack event, outlining how FMSC helps feed starving children in their village – check out their message here:
- 6,200 children die from hunger-related causes every day (>2 million per year).
- FMSC produced more than 284 million meals last year, and 99.8 percent reached their intended destination.
- FMSC has received Charity Navigator’s highest 4-star rating for 13 consecutive years – more than 90 percent of all FMSC funds go directly toward feeding children in need, and 100 percent of donations to the Gateway MobilePack go toward purchasing meal ingredients.
- Each FMSC meal costs $0.22, and $80 will pay for 365 meals to feed a starving child for a year.
- $1,000 pays for the ingredients for a packing station of approximately 15 people for a two-hour shift, feeding 12 children for a year.
- $10,000 will pay for a full packing shift of ~200 volunteers, feeding 124 children for a year.
- Anyone age 5+ can volunteer.
If you have any questions, email Can’t wait to serve with you!