We believe there is one God.
- He eternally exists in 3 distinct persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are co-equal.
- God created and sustains the universe.
- God created the earth and all creatures (including man) and called everything good.
(Matthew 5:16,45; Matthew 6:1, 4, 8, 9; James 1:17; John 1:1; John 14:9; Genesis 1:2; John 4:24; John 14:16-20; 2 Peter 1:21)
We believe people were created in God's image.
- They were made to reflect God's image in all that they do.
- They have the potential for tremendous good.
(Genesis 1 and 2)
We believe that all people are disobedient toward God.
- This disobedience has caused great destruction on earth, and now things are not the way they're supposed be.
- This disobedience is called sin and separates all humanity from God.
(Genesis 3; Romans 3:23)
We believe that faith in Jesus Christ is the only way to be reconciled to God.
- Jesus is the son of God who was born of a virgin and lived a sinless life.
- His death on the cross paid the penalty for our sins.
- Christ was raised from the dead after three days to demonstrate his power over sin and death.
- Christ will one day return to earth to reign.
(John 1:14; 1 John 4:9; John 3:16; 2 Peter 3:18; Matthew 21:11; John 19:19; Romans 5:15-17; Colossians 2:9; 1 John 1:1; Matthew 1:18; Luke 1:26-38; 1 Peter 1:22; Luke 23:1-46; Luke 23:44 - 24:8; John 20:24-29; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8; Luke 22:69; Acts 1:1-9; Colossians 3:1; Matthew 5:22 and 29, 10:28; 18:9; 23:33; 24:36-42; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:10-11, 10:39-42; 1 Peter 4:5; Jude 7; Philippians 3:20; Revelation 19:1 and 11, 21:1 and 10)
We believe that salvation is a free gift of God, provided by Christ's sacrifice on the cross.
- Salvation cannot be purchased or earned.
- Salvation is received through faith in Christ alone.
Faith in Christ is expressed through belief in Jesus Christ, repentance of sin, confession of Christ's lordship, and baptism by immersion.
(Matthew 26:28; Romans 5:1-11, 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-10; Hebrews 10:19-22; 1 Peter 1:18-19; 1 John 1:7; Romans 3:23; Titus 3:3-7; Matthew 10:32; Romans 10:9-10; Luke 24:45-47; Acts 3:19, 17:30; Romans 10:11-13; Philippians 2:11; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-4)
We believe that those who express their faith in Christ will receive the Holy Spirit to live inside them.
- The Holy Spirit serves as our comforter, guide, and advocate.
- The Holy Spirit indwells all Christians--providing guidance in living, understanding in Biblical truth, and prayers before the Father.
(John 16:5-15; Acts 1:7-8; Romans 8:26-27; 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19; 2 Timothy 1:14; Acts 2:38; 1 John 4:13; Ephesians 1:13-14)
We believe people were created to exist forever.
- Every person who follows Jesus Christ will exist eternally in heaven in union with God.
- Every person who refuses to follow Christ will be eternally separated from God in hell.
(Psalm 16:11; John 14:1-3; Philippians 3:20-21; Revelation 21; Daniel 12:2; Matthew 5:22; Matthew 10:28; Mark 9:44; Luke 16:19-26; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 20:9-15)
We believe the Bible has the final authority on Christian beliefs and as a guide to living.
- The Bible is inerrant and divinely inspired by God.
- The Bible was given to people so that we may know and understand the truth of God and his love.
(Mark 12:36; John 14:26, 16:12-15; Acts 1:16; 1 Corinthians 2:12-13; 2 Timothy 3:14-16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Isaiah 40:8; Matthew 5:18, 24:35; Romans 15:4; Hebrews 4:12)
We believe that it is the responsibility of all Christians to point a fallen world towards God.
- We are to declare the good news about Jesus.
- We are to make disciples.
- We are to show love and mercy to others.
- We are to promote truth and justice.
(Matthew 28:18-20; 1 Peter 2:9; Isaiah 1:17; Matthew 22:37-40)